In any field you’ll find that those who are clearest about what they want to accomplish are more dedicated to the task at hand, and almost always find the greatest success in the long run.
Younger athletes can benefit greatly from a simple but structured goal setting prorgam.
We believe this is so important to both individual and team success that we’ve uploaded the 7-page workbook we’ve started using with all of our athletes so that anyone can follow it.
Here’s how to get the most from this process:
1. Read the manual and let the steps sink in.
2. Take 10-15 minutes tops to fill out your Career Goals
3. Talk to your coaches, parents, scouts, and anyone else who has knowledge of what areas are most important for you to develop in order to get closer to your ultimate goals in the next 12 months.
4. Break those down into action steps you can take in the next 2 months and start working immediately on closing the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
5. If you are a Power Source athlete, bring this to your next Performance Combine meeting so we can work together on your action steps. If you are not a Power Source athlete but want to discuss what you can do anyways, you are still welcome to contact us and we can set up an initial evaluation where we can discuss this in person.